The best way to make sure you are getting an authentic Atlas Bipod is to order through an Authorized Dealer or directly from B&T Industries. If you suspect you may have purchased a counterfeit product, you may send us a photo of your product and we can confirm if it is a genuine B&T product or a counterfeit. Please, send this information to email@example.com.
Visibly, there are six main ways to distinguish between an authentic Atlas Bipod and a counterfeit. Please, reference the image below. The bipod on the left is an authentic Atlas Bipod, while the bipod on the right is a counterfeit/copy/fake/knockoff (CCFK):
- Look at the overall quality of machining, surface appearance, fit and finish. In particular, the Leg Bolt (1), Position Plate (2) and Position Button (3) on an authentic Atlas Bipod has heat-treated stainless steel components, which is characterized by the dull finish versus the shiny, reflective, chrome-like plated surface on a ccfk leg bolt (1), position plate (2) and position button (3).
- The Position Plates (2), on an authentic Atlas Bipod are machine cut from a solid sheet of stainless steel then heat treated, while the counterfeit’s position plate is stamped out of a sheet of an unknown material then plated with a shiny, reflective chrome-like finish.
- The overall finish (6) on an authentic Atlas Bipod is comprised of 6061-T6 aluminum that is Type 3 hard coat Mil-Spec anodized. This process hardens the surface making it extremely durable and therefore difficult to corrode or scratch, while the ccfk’s overall finish (6) is comprised of an unknown material, appears as a shiny black, and easily scratched. Authentic Atlas vs. Counterfeit: material and finish
- Current production, authentic Atlas Bipods will have a ridge on the collar (5), while some counterfeits will not. It is extremely important to note that the early versions [V7] Atlas Bipods do not have a rim ridge on the collar. For this reason, an accurate distinction cannot be made by looking at the collars alone and other features must be taken into account.
- As of the middle of 2019, all authentic Atlas Bipods are engraved on one side of the base (4) with an arrow (if appropriate), “ATLAS®” followed by the series, “accu-shot.com/pat” and “PATENTED.” CCFK’s will either have the same words, a variation of those words or none of those words stamped onto the base (4).
- As of the beginning of 2020, all authentic B&T products come in a clear plastic bag with chipboard backing. CCFK’s often come in a box.
To discover how you can turn your counterfeit into credit towards an authentic Atlas Bipod, check out our Wright Project!