Click on an image to view a larger version with description.
Scroll down for written instructions or click here to download.
Installing the Atlas TRG Bracket (ATB) which is delivered assembled. Installation requires disassembly and reassembly so please study how the parts fit together.
- Following the Sako factory TRG instructions found here; http://www.sako.fi/pdf/manuals/TRG22_42.pdf remove the barreled action from TRG stock
- Remove the forend from Stock Base
- Remove the two slotted screws that hold the Harness Fastening Rail
- Move the Harness Fastening Rail back towards the butt, locating the rear screw at fourth round hole 3.125” back from front edge. If needed, heating the threads of the screws will help facilitate the removal.
- The original slotted screws can be reused or you can use the provided M5 screws using a 3mm hex wrench. Removable thread locker such as Loctite 243 is recommended on all fasteners.
- Remove the two 10/32 x 5/8 Flat Head Socket Screws that can be seen between the Upper and Lower sections of the ATB.
- Slide the Lower section of the ATB into the factory TRG bipod receptacle slot with the raised, stepped section up, the Upper, flat section of the ATB slides into Stock Base channel towards the forward edge of the Harness Fastening Rail.
- Line up the holes of the Upper and Lower ATB with corresponding holes in the Stock Base.
- Reinstall the two 10/32 x 5/8 Flat Head Socket Screws through the Lower ATB section, Stock Base and thread into the Upper ATB section fasten securely using a 1/8 hex wrench. Removable thread locker such as Loctite 243 is recommended on all fasteners.
- Tighten the two 10/32 x 3/4 Flat Head Socket Screws securely. Removable thread locker such as Loctite 243 is recommended on all fasteners.
- Reinstall the forend to the Stock Base, then the barreled action.